Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate Cell Biology/Molecular Biology
Homology Medicines, Inc. (HMI) has built foundational intellectual property on gene editing and gene therapy vectors derived from naturally occurring human adeno-associated viruses (AAVs). The Company's technology is precise, on-target and highly efficient for in vivo editing of genetic mutations. This transformative platform technology, combined with an elite leadership team of biopharmaceutical industry veterans, create a significant opportunity for HMI to rapidly advance a diverse pipeline of new medicines that address and potentially cure the underlying cause of genetic diseases.
Join HMI's high performing team and contribute to the overall success of our novel gene therapy and gene editing approaches. We seek candidates with proven ability to successfully work independently and collaboratively to achieve optimized project plans, with the ultimate goal to deliver products that transform the lives of patients.
About the role:
Homology Medicines is seeking a Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate for the Drug Discovery Biology Group at Homology Medicines. The individual will be energetic and self-motivated with a desire to succeed at the highest level, joining a team of scientists aiming to develop unique AAV/Gene Editing technology for targeted gene therapy indications. The individual will interact with other team members to design and execute molecular and cell biology experiments aimed at defining the mechanism of action in appropriate biological targets. Significant cross-functional collaboration with a talented and dedicated group of scientists including molecular biologists, cell biologists, bioinformaticians and virologists will ensure a diverse exposure to the drug discovery process. As part of the team the candidate will have significant responsibility to drive success of their own project with opportunities to acquire new skills in an innovative and fast-paced environment. The position offers the opportunity to take part in the rapid translation of pre-clinical work to application of our technology platform into the clinical setting.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing, optimizing and performing cell based assays to characterize the mechanism of action of HMI's proprietary AAV gene editing technology.
- Characterization of cell models from cell line and primary tumor tissues to be used in drug discovery and development efforts.
- Maintenance of laboratory records, procedures and summaries of data.
- Perform laboratory experiments, report data and suggest future work to management and project teams.
- BS/MS or equivalent.
- 2-5+ years of industrial/academic laboratory experience.
- Proven ability to work independently and design experiments, trouble shoot, interpret and report data back to teams.
- Experience with cell and molecular biology assays including maintenance of mammalian cell cultures, growth and survival assays, immunoassays, si/shRNA techniques, Crispr,CAS9.
- Familiarity with medium and high-throughput cell based assays.
- Highly analytical mind, attention to detail, and organization skills are critical.
- Collaborative and proactive attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and Resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.