Research Associate, Viral Vector Process Analytics
Reports To: Scientist, Viral Vector Process Analytics
Homology Medicines seeks an outstanding Research Associate, Viral Vector Process Analytical Sciences, to aid in developing and refining analytical methods to characterize AAV vector products. The individual in this role will be a highly-skilled, talented and motivated researcher who will focus on the analysis of research/development-grade vector samples using multiple AAV-specific analytical methods. The candidate will participate in the optimization and qualification of bioanalytical assays such as immunoassays and cell-based assays. We seek candidates with proven ability to work independently after initial and collaboratively to achieve optimized project plans, with the ultimate goal to deliver products that transform the lives of patients.
Essential Functions & Duties
- Planning and execution of AAV-specific characterization assays, including vector genome titer by qPCR, infectivity by TCID50, infectious center assay, transduction assay, capsid titer by ELISA, and methods to characterize vector product aggregation.
- Generate, manage, evaluate, and maintain critical data in a highly organized manner.
- Assist with technology transfer to contract manufacturing organizations by generating data and reports as well as providing on-site technical support.
Skills and Experience
- BA/BS in Biological Sciences with 2+ years of relevant industrial experience performing bioassays
- Hands-on experience performing tissue culture, ELISA and qPCR preferred
- Experience working in Quality Control or understanding of GLP and GMP practices a plus
- Experience with method transfer to external testing organizations to support characterization and release of clinical stage products is preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple parallel laboratory activities is essential.
- Familiarity of Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) and Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) a plus
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment where results are achieved through influence and the incorporation of multiple points of view.
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem solving ability.
Homology Medicines, Inc. (HMI) has built foundational intellectual property on gene editing and gene therapy vectors derived from naturally occurring human adeno-associated viruses (AAVs). The Company's technology is precise, on-target and highly efficient for in vivo editing of genetic mutations. This transformative platform technology, combined with an elite leadership team of biopharmaceutical industry veterans, create a significant opportunity for HMI to rapidly advance a diverse pipeline of new medicines that address and potentially cure the underlying cause of genetic diseases.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and Resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.