Scientist - Discovery Research
Location: Bedford, MA
We are seeking a Program Manager-Discovery Research to assist in managing a variety of internal and external Early Phase Drug Discovery programs. The individual will be energetic, self-motivated with a desire to succeed at the highest level working with a team of scientists aiming to develop unique AAV/Gene Editing technology for targeted gene therapy indications. The individual will interact with other team members to develop and manage project plans. Significant cross-functional collaboration with a talented and dedicated group of scientists including molecular biologists, bioinformatics , virology, molecular genomics, target biology, and vector production. This will ensure a diverse exposure to the drug discovery teams. Externally, she or he may be a liaison to external alliance partners, CROs, vendors and others. As part of the team the candidate will have significant responsibility to drive success of their own project with opportunities to acquire new skills in an innovative and fast-paced project team focused environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities but not limited to the following:
- Basic meeting planning and coordination: scheduling meetings, preparing agendas with input from project leaders and senior staff, facilitating meetings and writing draft minutes;
- Providing project management support for external projects: developing timelines for key projects, developing, implementing processes, and identification of critical program activities/constraints, proactive management of project execution as well as potential risk areas, and facilitating cross functional logistics and communication;
- Assisting Project Leader and Head of External Sciences with complex program data and deliverables, data analysis, and preparing PowerPoint presentations;
- Managing data, maintaining databases and electronic notebooks as projects advance through the research pipeline.
- Support integration of activities across external research including support with resource planning.
- Manage external project communications in order to provide up-to-date project information and documentation to the team.
- Company representative for management of programs at external CROs, academic centers, and research partners.
- Preparation, shipping, and documentation of reagents (dosing solutions etc.) for external collaborations
- Some travel may be required.
- BS required, MS/PhD preferred , 2-4 years Biotech/Pharmaceutical experience in a project management capacity
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, verbal and written communication skills
- Computer programs systems: Highly Proficient with the following MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) Outlook or similar calendar system, familiarity with MS Project, SharePoint, Webex (or other similar systems), GraphPad Prism
- Prior experience preferred
- Problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and ability to organize and prioritize tasks in a timely and accurate manner, and to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment
Homology Medicines is a genetic medicines company translating proprietary, next generation gene editing and gene therapy technologies into novel treatments for patients with rare diseases. The combination of a management team that has successfully developed and commercialized rare disease therapies, and a new multidimensional technology platform uniquely positions the Company to move beyond the current limitations of gene therapy and editing approaches to improve patient care. Homology Medicines has built foundational intellectual property on gene editing and gene therapy using vectors derived from naturally occurring human adeno-associated viruses (AAVs). The Company's technology is precise, on-target and highly efficient for in vivo editing of genetic mutations. The unique team and technology create a significant opportunity for Homology Medicines to rapidly advance a diverse pipeline of new medicines that address and potentially cure the underlying cause of genetic diseases. For more information, please visit www.homologymedicines.com.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and Resume/CV to email@example.com.