Scientist/Manager: Viral Vector Production
Reports To: VP: Manufacturing
HMI seeks an outstanding Scientist/Manager, Viral Vector Production to develop and scale our AAV vector manufacturing platform. The candidate will have the opportunity to lead a team through the development, scale-up, and GMP manufacturing of clinical vector product. We see candidate with proven ability to successfully work independently and collaboratively to achieve optimized project plans, with ultimate goal to deliver products that transform the lives of patients.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Lead the establishment and execution of laboratory processes (including upstream process, harvest, and gradient-based purification) for the production of AAV vector products to supply material for pre-clinical studies
- Coordinate internal production requirements and prioritization. Regularly interface with internal program leads to assess and forecast material supply requirements, coordinate operations schedule in order to supply material in a timely fashion.
- Communicate production schedule and priority to internal stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Identify opportunities within the production unit operations for optimizing and scaling-up the process. Design and lead studies to scale and improve process productivity and yield.
- Compile all production data in a format which lends itself to exploratory data analysis. Utilize data analysis and mining to identify further opportunities for optimizing process.
- Mentor others and lead lab activities to troubleshoot process with associate scientists in the lab.
- Generate, manage, evaluate, and maintain critical data in a highly organized manner. Author technical reports, tech transfer documents, and prepare scientific presentations as needed. Write/revise SOPs as needed.
Skills and Experience
- BS in Biological Sciences or (Bio)Chemical engineering with 8+ years, MS with 6+ years, or a Ph.D. with 2+ years of industrial experience in mammalian cell culture process development.
- Experience and expertise in the manufacturing of live virus or viral vector product in a high volume production environment.
- Familiarity with multiple lab-scale upstream process platforms for cultivating mammalian cells and producing viral products in a high paced, high throughput environment.
- Proficiency with purification of vector products using density gradient ultracentrifugation, and knowledge of how to optimize separation operations.
- Candidate must be a true team player, willing to lead from the laboratory and work closely with others, including the vector production team as well as internal stakeholders.
- Should be highly motivated, have excellent organizational and communication skills, and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation. Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem solving ability.
Homology Medicines, Inc. (HMI) has built foundational intellectual property on gene editing and gene therapy vectors derived from naturally occurring human adeno-associated viruses (AAVs). The Company's technology is precise, on-target and highly efficient for in vivo editing of genetic mutations. This transformative platform technology, combined with an elite leadership team of biopharmaceutical industry veterans, create a significant opportunity for HMI to rapidly advance a diverse pipeline of new medicines that address and potentially cure the underlying cause of genetic diseases.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and Resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.