The successful candidate will be an integral part of a fast paced and rapidly growing group of scientists and engineers developing purification processes for the manufacture of Homology’s novel and proprietary adeno-associated virus (AAV) viral vectors. Responsibilities will include helping to develop scalable unit operations supporting viral vector purification such as chromatography, filtration and ultrafiltration. Critical to this role is the ability to concisely interpret and summarize data and to be able to effectively communicate results through high quality technical reports and oral presentations.
- Plan and execute studies related to the recovery and purification of AAV from cell harvest through final formulation steps
- Assess scalability by helping to execute internal pilot scale production
- Assist in the tech transfer of processes to internal and external manufacturing organizations by generating development reports and providing on-site technical support
- Support Research and other Process Development groups through material generation
- Present development study results
- Author technical reports as needed
- A strong background in the fundamentals and scale-up of chromatographic and filtration (NFF, TFF) based separations with biologic molecules
- Experience with development of purification processes for AAV and other viral vectors is highly preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- Familiarity with executing analytical methods used to support biologics purification process development (e.g. SDS-PAGE, ELISA, HPLC, etc.)
- Self-motivated and can work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are integral to this position
Education & Experience
BS (4+ years) or MS (2+) years of directly related experience. Degree emphasis in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, or related discipline preferred.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume / CV to email@example.com