We are seeking a scientific mind for the Exploratory Biology Group at Homology Medicines. The individual will be energetic, self-motivated with a desire to succeed at the highest level joining a team of scientists aiming to develop unique AAV/Gene Editing technology for targeted gene therapy indications. The individual will play a pivotal role in developing human relevant in vitro models to understand rare disease biology at the molecular and cellular level and enhancing the targeting of our patented gene editing technology. This individual will gain insights into basic biology, cellular cross-talk, human physiology, molecular biology and bioengineering. The individual, will interact with other team members to design and execute molecular and cell biology experiments aimed at defining the mechanism of action in appropriate biological targets.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing, optimizing and performing cell based assays to characterize the mechanism of action of HMI’s proprietary AAV gene editing technology in particular Homologous recombination, DNA damage response and repair mechanisms.
- Design, development and characterization of assays examining DNA damage and DNA replication Stress response pathways, DNA damage phosphoproteome, cell cycle control and regulation.
- Maintenance of laboratory records, procedures and summaries of data.
- Perform laboratory experiments and report data and suggest future work to management and project teams
- Ph.D. or equivalent, in Cellular Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry;
- 2-5+ years of industrial/academic laboratory experience;
- Proven ability to work independently and design experiments, trouble shoot, interpret and report data back to teams
- Experience with cell and molecular biology assays including maintenance of mammalian cell cultures, growth and survival assays, immunoassays, si/shRNA techniques, Crispr,CAS9
- Familiarity with medium and high-throughput cell based assays
- Highly analytical mind, attention to detail, and organization skills are critical;
- Collaborative and proactive attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and Resume / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org